Organ transplants save thousands of lives each year.
However, there are still thousands more in New Jersey and across the nation who are in need of transplants. The reason for the shortage is that many people do not properly declare their wishes
|There are 3 easy ways to become an organ and tissue donor in NJ:
1. When you first apply for or renew your NJ Driver License or
2. Register online anytime*
3. Request a paper registration form at 1-800-742-7365* Or download one here.
- When you visit the NJ Motor Vehicle Agency and say “yes” to organ donation, the words “Organ Donor” will appear on the front of your driver license and will be included in your computer record.
- Saying “yes” is legal consent to the donation of your organs and tissue for the purpose of transplantation and therapy that cannot be revoked by anyone but you.
- Tell your family about your decision to become an organ and tissue donor. If you are under 18 or have not made a donation decision, your family will be responsible for making the decision.
- Each time your license/state ID is up for renewal, you must re-register as a donor.
|*For option 2 and 3, your decision to donate will be in your driver record but the words "Organ Donor" will NOT appear on your driver license.
If you are not a New Jersey resident, please visit www.donatelifeamerica.net to find your state registry.
Donor's Rights in New Jersey